Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is graphic, but how can a person have 3 large bowel movements, 3 smaller ones and 1 episode of explosive D and Gas in a 5 hour period.just wondering how i could have so much food inside if i was having bowel movements the day before too??? i don't eat that much. could i be a couple of days behind at all times? i do feel and look bloated most of the time.this is odd and happens to once and awhile

· Banned
2,896 Posts
I hate being graphic also but I have often wondered myself. I have had some days over the last 7 months where I was perfect. every symptom was non-existant, and on some of those days I had 1 or 2 movements that were absolutely collossal.A little while ago i one that was 30 inches long.But lately, only 2 out of the last 14 days have i been perfect. The other 12 days I have been symptom free on gas, odor, bloat, and cramps but the stool has been very small but not hard. I want large stool because that is when I feel really good --asthma, sinus, nerves.

· Registered
1,327 Posts
It has happened to me too. In fact, I almost always feel and notice that the largest amount comes out when I eat the least food, and the smallest amount comes out when I eat the most. I stay severely bloated and distended almost all of the time since I started a weight-gain regimen last year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've been diagnosed but i could say anything and they'd say ibs. they don't even listen anymore. this is Kaiser in San Francisco-the worst health care provider i've ever experienced. I'll get new doctors soon-its just not worth it. anyway, AD I'm distended too-almost all the time. i don't normally get these gigantic movements, but it does happen sometimes. I've been having then a lot lately since starting hypnotherapy. things are definitely shifting so perhaps i'm on the way to recovery. but still its alrarming to ahve miles of stuff come out. it makes me wonder if i have a really long colon. confused. i haven't had a colonoscopy, so who knows how long it is. just had sigmoid, upper barium, bloodtests--all negative.

· Registered
5 Posts
I know for me when I eat large amounts of red meat or chicken the following stool is near 100% firmer than any previous. I think because it takes more to digest meat. Also I notice mucous on my stool after a firm bowel movement. It's like the stool is busting through a wall of mucous that could be narrowing my bowel. Jon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.