Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to all this so there are loads of things I would like to know.1) I was in South Africa and was recomended to try a natural capsule called Combiforte and I want to know if anybody would agree with this recommendation?2) What can I drink with meals and snacks which may help my IBS ?3) Does anybody have any suggestions as to diet, for example is fish or chicken ok and is meat bad to eat for me4) I go to soccr matches etc. (in Scotland) and I get worried about being in a big crowd with nowhere to go? any suggestions as to what preparations or precautions I could make. Sometimes it is a 2 - 3 hour drive through traffic with no toilets on coach.Answers to any of the above would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi MichaelCo,You will find that the answers to the question 'what can I eat, what is good for my IBS' are as diverse as the members of this BB are. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, I'm afraid. What kind of symptoms do you have, mainly D (diarrhea) or C (constipation), or both, or with P (pain) or G (gas)? Have you been diagnosed with IBS by your GP or by a GI? If so, what have they adviced/prescribed you?I don't know the Combiforte capsule, maybe someone else can help you with that. There are a lot of people who use Immodium preventatively when they have to go for long rides or other things where they don't want to be taken by surprise by D-attacks. Hope you get more replies,Fay

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi MichaelCo,You will find that the answers to the question 'what can I eat, what is good for my IBS' are as diverse as the members of this BB are. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, I'm afraid. What kind of symptoms do you have, mainly D (diarrhea) or C (constipation), or both, or with P (pain) or G (gas)? Have you been diagnosed with IBS by your GP or by a GI? If so, what have they adviced/prescribed you?I don't know the Combiforte capsule, maybe someone else can help you with that. There are a lot of people who use Immodium preventatively when they have to go for long rides or other things where they don't want to be taken by surprise by D-attacks. Hope you get more replies,Fay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Fay,incidentally, I think that this site has helped me by just discussing thingsgood luckmichael

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fay,incidentally, I think that this site has helped me by just discussing thingsgood luckmichael

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can so relate to your questions! I agree everyone is different. I have added calcium with Vitamin D (small doses in morning and at night-don't take with regular vitamins, take seperate). Since my IBS consists mostly of loose bowel and D, I stay away from greasy or spicy foods. I do eat alot of chicken, soy yogurt, rice and soy milk and read every label of anything I put in my mouth! I get up early enough to settle my system before I have to leave the house and if traveling I too have used immodium, but not sure if that's a good idea long term. I find myself having anxiety when I'm in crowds just worrying if I might have to use the bathroom, sometimes I create my own attacks! I try to breathe slowly and relax my abdomin and think of something else if possible. It may not always work but it has bought me more time occassionally. I never leave without tissue in my pocket or purse and an immodium tablet for emergencies. This what I do for me, but as we all know everyone is different. Alot of what I do now to cope with this has been what I have read on this site. I don't know what I'd have done had I not found all of you. I hope someday to be rid of this and lead a normal life again!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can so relate to your questions! I agree everyone is different. I have added calcium with Vitamin D (small doses in morning and at night-don't take with regular vitamins, take seperate). Since my IBS consists mostly of loose bowel and D, I stay away from greasy or spicy foods. I do eat alot of chicken, soy yogurt, rice and soy milk and read every label of anything I put in my mouth! I get up early enough to settle my system before I have to leave the house and if traveling I too have used immodium, but not sure if that's a good idea long term. I find myself having anxiety when I'm in crowds just worrying if I might have to use the bathroom, sometimes I create my own attacks! I try to breathe slowly and relax my abdomin and think of something else if possible. It may not always work but it has bought me more time occassionally. I never leave without tissue in my pocket or purse and an immodium tablet for emergencies. This what I do for me, but as we all know everyone is different. Alot of what I do now to cope with this has been what I have read on this site. I don't know what I'd have done had I not found all of you. I hope someday to be rid of this and lead a normal life again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.