Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new around these parts *smiles*I'm in a bit of a mess, health wise, and am hoping that sharing some of that might draw on the wealth of your collective knowledge and experience.I am a paramedic and have, to my own mind, suffered with IBS-C for a few years although I never really acknowledged it as such. I think that the shift patterns with irregular food and sleep have contributed to that.It's now got to the point where I have a constant feeling of being bloated - with pressure on my diaphragm affecting my breathing (I get breathless easily) and this occurs with chronic constipation sometimes lasting up to 7 days. During that time I might have a couple of insignificant movements of the hard pellet variety.This will then usually follow with excrutiating abdominal cramps and very urgent diarrhea before starting the cycle again. The pain from which usually has me in a cold sweat and sobbing.To compound this I have suffered with GERD for the last 12 months following a road accident. I was kept on high doses of analgesia for a prolongued period which resulted in acute gastritis and GERD. I have, mostly, got these symptoms under control now but only with medication and drastic diet changes.On top of that I think I have post-viral fatigue from a nasty infection a month or so ago. I get tired easily, have random headaches, joint pains and just generally feel unwell. My muscles are so tense it hurts to have my shoulders touched... I guess I need to find ways to relax somehow.Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's great to find a resource like this and although I have not been formally diagnosed with IBS, as a matter of treatment for my GERD I have been on Buscopan for 6 months now and although it helped initally it is having little effect at the moment.I've rambled enough and I look forward to finding my way around these forums and sharing support.ThanksNoodlepie

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Hi Noodlepie...Gastritus going to GERD--that was exactly what happened to me. I just went directly to all D. We're here for you.Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.