Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone here ever heard of smoking marijuana to relieve the pain and cramps of IBS?I don't want anyone to be offended by this suggestion but I have tried it and it really seems to work when I am having a lot of pain from cramping, d and c and even relaxes you a bit. I know that it is illegal (almost barely in Canada) and it hurts your lungs- but in moderation while having an attack it is the only thing that works for me and even puts me in a better mood after.Just wondering if anyone else has tried. Sorry if I have offended anyone- but just think it's for medicinal purposes!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I posted this last year. Maybe it's time to do it again. I was d only and have been better for years. Last year I was holidaying with someone who wanted to smoke everyday. Being easily led, I kept up with him for about 3 or 4 days. By that time I had given myself a couple of mornings of very urgent, soft, and messy d. Not so nice when you are using an outhouse!It seemed to me that it might be very useful for those with c, given its effect on me.Mark

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I posted this last year. Maybe it's time to do it again. I was d only and have been better for years. Last year I was holidaying with someone who wanted to smoke everyday. Being easily led, I kept up with him for about 3 or 4 days. By that time I had given myself a couple of mornings of very urgent, soft, and messy d. Not so nice when you are using an outhouse!It seemed to me that it might be very useful for those with c, given its effect on me.Mark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,I do occasionally have a puff with a friend, but I find that it makes my tummy tense up because I get terrible paranoia (I used to smoke regularly). Take it wisely, you can get psychologically hooked and there are side effects, believe meems

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,I do occasionally have a puff with a friend, but I find that it makes my tummy tense up because I get terrible paranoia (I used to smoke regularly). Take it wisely, you can get psychologically hooked and there are side effects, believe meems

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have also heard that it helps. I would do it too, but I don't trust anything off the street. I used to be a regular smoker when I was a teenager and into my 20's and it is not addictive, but it is bad for your lungs they say. My husband smoked much more than I ever did and so have many of my friends with no adverse reaction at all. It sounds like they will be decrimimalizing it here, so that's a good thing. As far as relaxing you goes-it sure does. I don't know why you'd think anyone would be offended, you live in Barrie(I'm assuming)??

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have also heard that it helps. I would do it too, but I don't trust anything off the street. I used to be a regular smoker when I was a teenager and into my 20's and it is not addictive, but it is bad for your lungs they say. My husband smoked much more than I ever did and so have many of my friends with no adverse reaction at all. It sounds like they will be decrimimalizing it here, so that's a good thing. As far as relaxing you goes-it sure does. I don't know why you'd think anyone would be offended, you live in Barrie(I'm assuming)??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, not from Barrie- Toronto- That's my last name. It looks like after the next election it will be decriminalized- So us IBSer's who do use it for pain and suffering (a little giggle once and a while) will not have to feel like criminals for smoking.I thought more people would have thought it was good for their pain/c/d because it is the only thing that works quickly for me!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, not from Barrie- Toronto- That's my last name. It looks like after the next election it will be decriminalized- So us IBSer's who do use it for pain and suffering (a little giggle once and a while) will not have to feel like criminals for smoking.I thought more people would have thought it was good for their pain/c/d because it is the only thing that works quickly for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts