Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was diagnosed with IBS although I had no altered bowel habits at all. I think from what I've read on this forum that it's more correctly known as "Chronic Functional Abdominal Pain"when you have no diarrhea or constipation. I asked my GI doctor why he would diagnose me with IBS when I don't fit the "Rome criteria for IBS" and he answered that "no-one fits the Rome criteria". This makes me wonder why they even have it and why they apply the results of studies on people who do fit the Rome criteria to people who don't. Gotta start somewhere I suppose.Yes, you can get the symptoms when your gut is empty probably because it's not totally empty. Get used to feeling like a hyprochroniac fool when you see your doctor about this as most tend you make you feel like this anyway. But, since 10-15% of people suffer from this at some stage in their lives, he/she should have seen heaps of people with similar symptoms before so you won't be an oddity.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.