Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 12 years I have been battling what I thought and my Dr's told me was an anxiety disorder. Although that may have been true in the beginning I have come to recently realize that I am not an anxious person, my stomach may be from an anxious person but me not so much.. My Dr agreed that if all my symptoms are in my stomach IBS sounded reasonable and put me on amitryptoline, which worked pretty good for a day or two when I was experiencing it's side effects but after time it only helped with sleeping and maybe took an edge of the IBS. I have a psychologist who isn't helping much and keeps trying to tell me to hold it, or find something in the past that I feel guilty about or who knows what. I'm pretty stubborn but try to listen to everyone and determine what is possible and what is not. Unfortunately IBS limits the type of jobs that I would or could want to have. I can't imagine a bus driver having IBS, it's pretty sad that a dream of mine would be able to be a bus driver just to know I beat this IBS or whatever it is. I hate feeling like at any moment I may have an urgency to go and if that isn't possible at that moment knowing the pain will be unbearable or even worse maybe not being able to hold it. Everybody seems to know how to fix it, but there's thousands of different ways to do it for different people. I am hopeful I find what works for me. The only time that I really feel great in my stomach is when I've drank a good amount, but then after that wears off it makes it even worse. So I'd love to find something like alcohol that just effects the stomach. I only drink once every 3-4 months so I am definetely not an alcoholic. So I guess this post is just to keep ranting with everyone else. I only hope one day I will be like a kid again and if I feel I have to go I can hold it till the next day if need be, wouldn't that be wonderful. My rectum would probably be just as appreciative if I used the toilet a little less. Thank god only our mouths can talk cuz my rectum would be bitching at me a couple times a week and I don't think I can take that along with my wife... phew...

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Everybody seems to know how to fix it, but there's thousands of different ways to do it for different people. I am hopeful I find what works for me.
It might be useful to try to figure out what you might have been doing the first time it occurred. For me it was my first cigarette of the morning, after years and years of chain smoking. Working back from the supplement I use to control the D, it becomes pretty easy to construct the chain of events that led from normal to 10 years of D and back again. If you can come up with some likely contributor(s), then those of us who have been successful with our treatments might be able to narrow down those thousands of treatments.Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to know for sure exactly. But 2 things stand out as something that caused stomach problems for me when I was a teenager and this started. One being I took like 6-7 nodoze caffeine pills and was sick for a week, my body does not like caffeine which I do not currently eat or drink. The other was a month or 2 when my buddies and me would go shoplift just cuz we were stupid kids I guess. That slowly led to morning stomach aches from nerves. I definetely don't steal anymore. I'm gonig to give the calcium thing a shot since I haven't tried it. Got a dr appt too soon so I will try something new the dr gives me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.