Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi it's me.my mom didn't get the books for me yet because she was gone for the weekend to take a course.but i guess she'll get them this week
my main question today is about my diet.i know i'm supposed to determine the foods i'm supposed to avoid (the ones that make me sick), like i know for a fact that tomatoes make me really gassy, but do i have to determine everything by trial and error?and if you guys did it that way, how long did it take you to get to know what you shouldn't eat and what is ok?i'm asking this because i'm kind of depressed here.as a lot of you, i'm really socially inhibited now but it didn't use to be that way.a couple of months back, i met a guy i'm really interested in and now he starting
to wonder why he hasn't seen me for 4 months.i talked to him about what i have and he understands, but i don't think he *really* does.i mean, i really have gaz all the time and it keeps me from doing everything, including seeing him.those who are (or have been) in my situation, how do you deal with it?i know this post is long, but it's really important to me.anyways, thank you for all the past advice and futur one.i really appreciate the support

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thank you luckylou.i'M gonna go check right away.but did you determine your diet by trial end error?p.s.i really want to thank you for always anwering my posts
Genevi�ve

·
Registered
127 Posts
I hope the books help you, me. I'm lucky to have a boyfriend who knows what I have, is sympathetic and who farts too. He's pretty proud of his farts, as most guys are
When I let one, which I'm happy I can do now without having to run to the bathroom in case it ISN'T a fart, he'll say, "Ewe BABY! Are you tring to flirt with me?" I know how it is though, when you're new in a relationship and on your best behavior....no farting and having makeup on at ALL times. Hopefully, you'll find something that will work to help keep your gas level low. If you decided to see this guy, you'd end up letting one slip even if you weren't sick -- that's life.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i guess so.but i don't just "fart".some i feel, and try my best to keep them from coming out when i'M around people, but the thing is i've calculated i pass gaz around once every 2 minutes, and don't even feel it coming out.so most people don't think i fart, they just think i don't wash and smell like ######.my close friends seem to have gotten used to it, but i really don't see how someone would want to get in a relationship (and/or be intimate)with me thinking that i never wash.people my age often refuse to talk to me after "smelling" me, which is one of the reasons i've become paranoid and have isolated myself.i think the only positive thing about smelling bad is that taxi drivers tend to get me faster to destination, which costs me less.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Me. When I first started dating my fiance I didn't have this horrible gas, or IBS. Now that I ahve it, he is really supportive, I thank God for him. Everytime I don't want to do things he says "I never smell anything and I'm with you all the time". I think thats the problem he is too used to it. Well, I just recently started taking Chlorofresh to get rid of the smell and I take Calm Colon for the nerves. If you find something that works please let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.