Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Hi Sarahc18!I've been taking mebeverine (colofac) for about 3 weeks now, and it does seem to be helping me. I was initially prescribed domperidone for nausea, but that made my D even worse than it already was! The colofac was then prescribed to combat the pain and D. The combination is working best for me so far, and I'm starting to work out what my trigger foods are (anyone else have a bad reaction to onions?!?). I have read some info that claims that mebeverine is no more effective at relieving IBS symptoms than is a placebo... but then, what's wrong with a placebo if it makes you feel better?Out of interest, how do you control your IBS? Is it just mebeverine, or other things too?

· Registered
61 Posts
Hi Sarahc18!I've been taking mebeverine (colofac) for about 3 weeks now, and it does seem to be helping me. I was initially prescribed domperidone for nausea, but that made my D even worse than it already was! The colofac was then prescribed to combat the pain and D. The combination is working best for me so far, and I'm starting to work out what my trigger foods are (anyone else have a bad reaction to onions?!?). I have read some info that claims that mebeverine is no more effective at relieving IBS symptoms than is a placebo... but then, what's wrong with a placebo if it makes you feel better?Out of interest, how do you control your IBS? Is it just mebeverine, or other things too?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.