Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here has any dealings with Mebeverine Hydrochloride.After many years of my doctors doing the "normal " doctor thing, meaing ooh sorry nothing we can do etc..But i went to see a new doctor and he was very understanding and said he would do his best to help. So anyway he gave me some Mebeverine Hydrochloride, just seeing if they are good or bad medication.Any help would be gratefulStuart

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
This is used in the UK and is an antispasmodic, meaning it helps to control gi contractions.You can also get it in a gel with fiber added.Fybogel Mebeverine http://www.constipationadvice.co.uk/treatm...mebeverine.html Stuart ask your new doctor also about Hypnotherapy and IBS?It is more popular over there then in the US and has been research for some twenty years for IBS.The person who started it was a senior gastroenterologist in the UK at University Hospital of South Manchester, England.Where they now have a unit dedicated to it for IBS.Read thisHypnotherapy for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders By: Peter J. Whorwell, M.D., University Hospital of South Manchester, England http://www.aboutibs.org/Publications/hypnosis.html http://ibs-register.co.uk/

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
This is used in the UK and is an antispasmodic, meaning it helps to control gi contractions.You can also get it in a gel with fiber added.Fybogel Mebeverine http://www.constipationadvice.co.uk/treatm...mebeverine.html Stuart ask your new doctor also about Hypnotherapy and IBS?It is more popular over there then in the US and has been research for some twenty years for IBS.The person who started it was a senior gastroenterologist in the UK at University Hospital of South Manchester, England.Where they now have a unit dedicated to it for IBS.Read thisHypnotherapy for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders By: Peter J. Whorwell, M.D., University Hospital of South Manchester, England http://www.aboutibs.org/Publications/hypnosis.html http://ibs-register.co.uk/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Eric, thank you for you speedy reply I am impressed less than 5 mins for my post someone replied.I must have read your mind, as my councillor I see every week, she is a qualified hypnotherapest.We have been talking for months about under going hypnosis to which I decided this week to "give" it ago.The thing is "just like everyone else here" I suffer from IBS D since 1994 and it has been getting worse and worse with every year. It all start out of the blue in one day 23rd December 1994 to be exact I went from feeling "normal" to feeling sick with tummy aches.I have been down the doctors countless times, had the "royal" camera up my back side and all they found was some scare tissue somewhere up that �a way.It depressed the hell out of years ago and some family issues, which I have been to many councillors and this one I am now seeing has been doing good for me.I totally understand that there is no known 100% cure out there just products that in some cases help and others not, I have got to that point that I will give just about anything ago as I cant get any lower feeling that I do right now.But I keep smiling only if it�s just a mask to hide my pain.So in a few short paragraphs is my history.Best RegardsStuart

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Eric, thank you for you speedy reply I am impressed less than 5 mins for my post someone replied.I must have read your mind, as my councillor I see every week, she is a qualified hypnotherapest.We have been talking for months about under going hypnosis to which I decided this week to "give" it ago.The thing is "just like everyone else here" I suffer from IBS D since 1994 and it has been getting worse and worse with every year. It all start out of the blue in one day 23rd December 1994 to be exact I went from feeling "normal" to feeling sick with tummy aches.I have been down the doctors countless times, had the "royal" camera up my back side and all they found was some scare tissue somewhere up that �a way.It depressed the hell out of years ago and some family issues, which I have been to many councillors and this one I am now seeing has been doing good for me.I totally understand that there is no known 100% cure out there just products that in some cases help and others not, I have got to that point that I will give just about anything ago as I cant get any lower feeling that I do right now.But I keep smiling only if it�s just a mask to hide my pain.So in a few short paragraphs is my history.Best RegardsStuart

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi Stuart. Mebeverine which is also known as Colofac seems to be popular with UK Drs. I have tried it but it didn't help at all. It may well work for you as we are all different. I'm taking Bentyl or it's also known as Merbentyl over here. I've tried many different antispasmodics and this seems to work the best for me. Others here seem to have had some bad side effects but touch wood, for me, nothing too bad. There's a good site to look up medications www.remedyfind.com - just click onto IBS on the left of the screen. Under "All Rededies" you'll find mebeverine. Good luck - hope it works for you

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi Stuart. Mebeverine which is also known as Colofac seems to be popular with UK Drs. I have tried it but it didn't help at all. It may well work for you as we are all different. I'm taking Bentyl or it's also known as Merbentyl over here. I've tried many different antispasmodics and this seems to work the best for me. Others here seem to have had some bad side effects but touch wood, for me, nothing too bad. There's a good site to look up medications www.remedyfind.com - just click onto IBS on the left of the screen. Under "All Rededies" you'll find mebeverine. Good luck - hope it works for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.