1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Non-medical gives me D. (Sigh) Maybe that would be useful for you.Mark

·
Community Manager
13,189 Posts
i live in michigan where marijuana was legalized in the past year for medical use and from what i've read most people say it does help with pain or at least takes the edge off--and nausea as well. people going through chemo find it very helpful. and of course it's a well known appetite stimulant---the munchies....i have ibs-c and problems with pain and nausea and i'd certainly love to be able to get approved to take it. right now though there's a lot of confusion about the law---so i'll have to wait until it all gets sorted out. and then of course there's the question of paying for it--will my insurance cover it???--as well as simply getting approved for it since so many docs just don't seem to realize how debilitating the pain and nausea of ibs can be....but i think it could be really helpful for people with ibs.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm also going to try to get approved for it.I live in Israel where they have already legalized cannabis for Chrons and IBD. I read they sell you the seeds and let you grow your own.I've heard it's much safer overall than the anti-depressants and sedatives the doctors ARE willing to prescribe us.

·
Community Manager
13,189 Posts
oh good for you! that helps--that it's already been legalized for crohns and ibd--that's great!. good luck with that and keep us posted. i think it's most definitely worth a try. and yes many people do say they vastly prefer it over antidepressants and painkillers....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts