Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted on this site in august with constiption and diaherria and it seemed to be regular but i was very stressed out then i,ve now been put on medication and now i,m back to be constipted now i have been given lactose stuff and it seems to work but if i try not to take it i don,t go regular and i push to pass hard stool with muscus mixed in it but when i use the syrup stuff the muscus stuff doesn,t appear why is this it,s doing my head in and the medication is drying my mouth out and i,ve got to drink water all the time as my throat is tender from the pills all dry feeling so i don,t know what it,s doing to my inside but i looking for answers is stress making me like this

G

·
I went through the same thing. My doctor was not sympathetic. My relief was Citracel in the morning and evening. Otherwise, I eat a low-fat diet with easy to digest carbohydrates as the base. For example, eating rice, potatoes, breads made without milk. I've eliminated all dairy products and fatty meats. I still have episodes, but go back to herbal teas and broth for a time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Dropkick,I've had the same sort of problems.I eat very high fiber cereal in the morning (Fiber One, 13 gm of fiber) and try to eat whole wheat breads, pastas, etc. I try to stay away from fats, but indulge occasionally. I use rice milk on my cereal and things like cottage cheese and yogurt are off my diet. Fiber pills and powders are okay too, but I found the cereal is best for me. And it is very filling also. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.