Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI've suffered from IBS for the last 10 years now, since I was diagnosed with Coeliacs disease really. At the moment I'm really struggling with getting the right medication to suit me to improve my bm's.At the moment I take Docusate and Movicol, but Movicol just doesn't work quickly enough and then it works too well.I can't take things like Senna as they just give me horrendous stomach cramps and agonising pain.I've recently also tried Bisacodyl & also Co-danthrusate and the same effect - took them at night, gets to the morning or mid afternoon and then I'm in agony and I have a bit of a movement but nothing much.I've also tried things like Colpermin and anything minty does not agree with me, Fibogel is a big no no.I also suffer from a lot of chronic abdominal pain and over the last few months severe lower back pain which I realise is bowel related. I find it so difficult to understand my bowels as sometimes they will be working fine or so I think and then I'm in pain and suddenly constipated - I suppose it's the name of the game.I wondered if anyone had found anything either on prescription or over the counter (that I can get in the UK) that they could possibly suggest that may help. I have just seen something on the net - Amitiza Lubriprostone but have no idea what this is like or if it's even available in the UK.It's a long time since I've used this forum so hopefully I've posted in the right place.Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.