Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have crohn's disease and have been having in for 7 years now. I've been on a ton of medication before but have never had any problems until recently.I take Remicade(Infliximib) infusion treatments every 8 weeks, 100mgs of Purinthenol(6-MP drug), Lomotil, 75mgs of Elavil(Amitriptyline), and 40mgs of Prozac daily.This is my problem:I had my second c-section delivery for my second baby in August 2003(I have a healthy six month old baby boy!
) and during that time I had a tubligation because I'm not planning on having anymore children in my future. I'm blessed with two children that I have and with my health condition I shouldn't have anymore. I take all that medication listed above and now my periods are never consistant. Meaning that one month I would start my period on the 9th and the next month on the 15th. My cycle used to be, before I had my last baby with the tubligation, about 5 days. Now, my cycle is about 7-9 days.Do you all think that is due to all of my meds and the tubligation? Has anyone had any problems after getting a tubligation(tubes tied)? I have my mind made up that if this continues I will see my gyn doc. My periods are more painful and heavier than they ever been before. I've never been irregular before.Thanks,Brandi

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Brandi. I know how you feel.I have two children also. AND two c-sections AND my tubes tied too. AND my periods are awful now. Just like you- mine last sometimes 10 days and I wonder if I'm gonna bleed to death. I also experience gross clots. I mean big clots like after you've given birth.My ob's solution was birth control pills. All my IBS symptoms began 4 months after my second child was born-the same time my period started back. My ob said none of my problems could be blamed on having my tubes tied. I don't agree. I think there's a lot of other women that have trouble after getting their tubes tied too.Kelly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.