Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really have two questions:1. What are the options for men with IBS-d?2. When do you start to take Immodium? Maybe a day before you know you are going to be in a bad spot or just hours?Thanks!!!

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
there are sex differences in ibs and they are not quite sure why and there also are some differences for D or C types. If you are talking medicine as prescribed by an md men are in bad shape but there are two new ones that might be released next year targeted at men with C and we are all holding our breath (along with other things)what are you looking for help for?tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have a mild case (as compared to others on this board) of IBS-d. It really only happens under severe cirumstances such as interviews, long drives and speeches or sometimes when I slip up on my diet. As most of you are, I am going to have a big thanksgiving feast with my fiance's family and I am REALLY worried. Should I take Immodium the day before just to make sure? Thanks for your help so far!!!What are the names of these upcomming drugs for men?I recently posted about my upcomming marriage under a different name (graduate) and now I figured out my old user name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts