Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, isn't this an exciting time for us here on the BB?! We've heard so much about how this drug has helped women, I thought I'd start a thread for the guys who have gotten prescriptions. Please keep us updated on your progress and reactions to the drug. It would help to know your age and if you are C or D. I would like to start taking it, but am too happy with Caltrate to risk even a few weeks of being back how I used to be. Plus, won't be able to afford it till insurance covers it. Give us men hope, guys!-------------------Dan

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Sorry Dan, I'm not a guy! I just wanted to bump this up for you so everyone can see it.
JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

G

·
Hey DGGinNYC, I havent got a prescription for it yet, but my doctor said he would prescribe me this new drug that just came out this week (Im assuming Lotronex?) after he gets the results of my lower GI (Tuesday). I guess if my results come out normal, he is going to prescribe it to me for my constant abdominal pain (alternating lower left and right sides). Right now Im on Donnatol and it has helped somewhat with the pain. However, I dont know if I truely have IBS because I rarely suffer from "D" or "C". My pain usually doesnt subside any significant amount after a bowel movement either. After telling him this, his initial diagnosis was still IBS. Who knows, but I will try to keep you informed.Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.