Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hi H,Glad you found this BB.It's such a help to talk to others who share similar experiences.I manage with my IBS D , but like you there is the fear factor involved with going out, or going on trips etc..I force myself to lead a normal life, but there is a lot of stress.If I am going on a trip I will eat lightly the day before and the day of . I always get up a good 3 hours ahead of time just to have the time to "empty out" before I leave the house.For day to day things, I do the same except that I suck on altoid peppermints throughout the day, and that does help to settle my stomach and ease any cramping.A lot of us deal with the fear of "what if", but each of us has his/her way of dealing with this.As you continue to read the different posts on here, you will find a lot of useful info.What works for one person, may not work for another and vice versa. It's all trial and error.You just take it one day at a time, moment by moment, and step by step.I hope you find helpful info and that you feel better soon.WELCOME...Jeanne

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.