Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Annie: Haven't been here in a while: things have been going ok- taking magnesium and doing ok. Unfortunately I have developed diverticulitis since 2019 and have had 5 episodes. This most recent episode is causing my colon to get very sluggish so even with magnesium I am having some difficulty. I don't want to take the Fleet enemas because of all the sodium in it, so I recall you said you can replace the salt with water. Please advise how do i do this. Is the water warm?
Is there anything special I need to do besides put warm water in the container?

Hope you are doing well.

Marilyn

·
Community Manager
13,189 Posts
Hi Annie: Haven't been here in a while: things have been going ok- taking magnesium and doing ok. Unfortunately I have developed diverticulitis since 2019 and have had 5 episodes. This most recent episode is causing my colon to get very sluggish so even with magnesium I am having some difficulty. I don't want to take the Fleet enemas because of all the sodium in it, so I recall you said you can replace the salt with water. Please advise how do i do this. Is the water warm?
Is there anything special I need to do besides put warm water in the container?

Hope you are doing well.

Marilyn
hi Marilyn

so sorry to hear you have developed diverticulitis and had all those episodes! ansd so sorry your C has become worse.

yes, i used to empty out the fleet enema bottles and just put plain warm water inside instead. nothing special--just plain warm water. this worked fine for me.

good luck with everything. wishing you all the best. annie

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Marilyn

so sorry to hear you have developed diverticulitis and had all those episodes! ansd so sorry your C has become worse.

yes, i used to empty out the fleet enema bottles and just put plain warm water inside instead. nothing special--just plain warm water. this worked fine for me.

good luck with everything. wishing you all the best. annie

Thanks Annie!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Annie: I thought I would let you know what is going on with me these days. I take a large amount of magnesium every other day-- on other days I take nothing so I have a BM every other day. I am good with that but on the days I take the magnesium, it works all day, unpredictably and therefore I cannot go out that day because I never know when it will hit. This causes me all kinds of problems because I have to schedule everything around those days I can actually leave the house and live a "normal life'". I am going to see another GI Doc when I go to Florida for the winter. I have to have a colonoscopy in 3 year follow up for a polyp I had three years ago and for the diverticular flare ups I have had for the past two years. What I am hoping is that there is some other drug I can use to help BMs so I can actually try and manage this problem while trying to live a more normal life. Linzess did not work at all a couple years ago. I was very disappointed.

I hope you doing well and wish you happy holidays!!!!!

I

·
Community Manager
13,189 Posts
have you tried Motegrity (prucalopride) ? that might work better for you than linzess. good luck.

happpy holidays to you, too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts