Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of your postings conners where you mentioned that you had at one time been convinced that you had cancer. I am going through terrible worry/nerves regarding this also and I was wondering if you had any advice for me. Thank You.

G

·
I had been convinced on and off about having cancer and other illnesses, that is why I am going to take xanax, my doctor said it would help. I hope it does! I want to feel normal again! Guess he says my thought about diseases causes me anxiety attacks! Enough is enough for me already! Been feeling like this way too long.

G

·
Hi Sorry I missed this post the first time...I have been going through this for about 2 years now - and although I have got better I still have bad times.I think that you will find alot of people who have fealt the same way, probably dealt with it alot better than me.I received alot of support from this BB when I first came and that helped me sooo much - just knowing that other people had the same things happening and were dealing with it...I had all the tests done to ensure I was Cancer free and this cost me money - but for me it was worth it because once I had the proof that I was ok then I could deal with the mental side of this - which is the cause of this hell !And its not easy - I think the big help for me was being able to mail somone who knew IBS, cancer fear and could understand what I was going through...They would give me the answers that I already had but I needed that reassuarance.I think that if I had found that early on - things might not have got so bad...........So please email me any time and I will do my best to help
Talking about your fears helps make them become small - the story about the closer to your fear the less it becomes is very true..One bit of advice I will give is to tell your Dr that this is what you are worried about and you need reassurance and answers how they know its not.They do know their stuff when it comes to the bad stuff and you do hear horrific stories about mis diagnosis - but I belive with a good Dr this does not happen that often.........Please don't let this drag you down - I have wasted 2 good years....If you are worried and its getting to you - let someone know - or mail someone - it will help trust me.I wish you well and hope that you do not travel this road for long.......Connersmconners###eircom.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.