Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pam! It's been awhile and I just wanted to check back with you and see how you are feeling? I sure hope you are doing better. I'm up and down but generally feeling worse lately. I worry alot that the docs have missed something major. More tests are scheduled but who knows. Anyway, let me know how you are doing!

G

·
Hi Sher, So good to here from you. I am sorry that things are hard for you right now.This can be such a crummy illness. I am holding my own. I still have the central IV line in but, since I can eat some now, they are going to lower the amount of fat and sugar in the nightly bag. I am not sure that it is time to get rid of it all together. The nausea still gets me and the dizziness.Oh well, I need to be careful what foods I start eating but it is sooo hard cause they all FINALLY look sooo good! Take good care and let me know how you are doin, Pam

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear from you Pam! I'm so glad to hear food is looking good to you! I'm going to head for University of Chicago next week - I hear they are the best and thats what I need. Got results of my small bowel series back today and everything was normal. Thats good I guess but dizziness and weakness are awful - I can control D with meds but even that is still there. I feel just horrible yet nothing at all shows in tests. Just wondering if you mind telling me how old you are? I'm 32 and this is so hard on my family. My baby girl needs me. I just want to feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for listening Pam!

G

·
Hi Sher, glad to hear that you are going to U of Chicago and since I live in Michigan, I will be anxious to hear how it goes for you. Iwas going to go to Mayo but things have gotten a bit better so I will wait. I am 48yrs old. I guess I have had bowel problems for years but blamed it on Lupus. The weakness,nausea,dizziness and just feeling plain sick are the worst and I never linked them to bowel stuff. I was actaully C most of the time because I took codienne for pain. Looking back I see 6that stress really made everything worse although I never wanted to admit that! I have never taken Probiotics and I have stopped taking Lotronex because it made me have so much C with severe abd pain. I will take it again though if the D gets bad. Now I take Citrocil every night with success. It must be so hard to try and take care of your little girl when you just need to lay down all the time. I cant imagine, my 5 kids are grown and a great help to me. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care and keep in touch, Pam

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again Pam! Yup, the weakness and dizziness is the worst part for me too. Have your doctors ever diagnosed you with anything other than IBS? I feel so miserable and yet my vitals are all good - which of course I am grateful for but I just want to feel good again - or at least better. Have you tried the hypnotherapy which is so often discussed on this BB? That seems like something I may try down the road. Well, thanks again for your responses and I am truly glad to hear you are feeling better. Do you generally have "ups and downs"? How long has it been since you felt good? Hope it continues. You're in my thoughts!

G

·
HI Sher, thanks for the bump, I had missed it. I was diagnosed with Lupus but it is not a typical case. My daughter has the same things. I really do had good and bad "episodes" and this was (the past 6 months) was the very worst! It hit after my hubby had major surgery. I had never been diagnosed with IBS but that is what they said after 10 days in the hospital and I still couldnt eat! This BB has really given me insight and support. How about you. Any other diagnosis? How long have you been sick?Have you found a supportive doc? Take good care! Pam

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Pam! Haven't been on for a couple of days and just saw your message. Why did you say that your case of lupus isn't "typical"? Does your doc think that your GI problems are part of the lupus? Do you think this bad "bout" is coming to an end? Sure hope so for your sake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.