Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi metoo,Just wondering how you are doing and what the sitz marker test results are?

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I recently had a colon transit study done where they put radiation in my body and watched it pass through. It had left in 3 days... this after my being C for 2 weeks at a time before taking laxatives!! I'd come off of the laxatives etc... no explaination except that maybe the radiation affected my stomach? I was very sick during the study.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I don't understand all this pain you're talking about. Being constipated and having gas is definately not pleasant but you sound like you're in excruciating pain and can't do anything. I have it pretty bad, and working is difficult and yes gas can be painful, but I don't have what you have. Have you thought about anti depressants or nerve pills. You sound anxious and upset a lot. Calming down and getting a good doctor may be the clue. Hope this goes away very soon for you. Paulo

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am I missing something here? Metoo, I don't understand why there are two "bumps" from you, but no answer to my question. Did you have the sitz marker test done? Do you have any results?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rose, I've been following this post and metoo did respond but somehow the message seems to have been deleted. I remember reading it several days ago but it's not longer here. I'm sure metoo will see your question and post again but the response post did say that the test came back normal (i.e., no markers were left).Metoo, I also had a sitz marker test come back normal and was very upset by this. I was miserable the whole time doing the test since I had to go off Miralax, fiber or any laxatives. I did have two small bowel movements but I was amazed all the markers came out with those. And I found it very hard for the doctor to tell me the test showed my transit time was fine (and thus I felt it was implied there was nothing wrong with me except in my head). My doctor kept working with me though. And about a month ago, I started taking Zelmac (or Zelnorm) and feel much much better!! So there is hope out there!Tara

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rose,I'm so sorry about my "bumps". Being going through a real real rough time.I did have the test but they didn't tell me to stop taking laxatives a week prior to the test. There were still 5 rings left and they considered it "normal". I was in such agony I could hardly eat and even took narcotics which irritated my stomach so badly that it made me go just twice which removed the remaining 20 rings.They are redoing the test however I'm having a hard time knowing how to come off the laxatives because I'm on very high doses and in major pain. The laxatives are making everything worse, yet if I stop, I become very ill. It's such a catch 22 situation.Tara,I really understand how you feel. I don't believe this test is accurate anyway. I hate it when the docs imply it's all in your head because they don't know what to do.I have tried Zelmac and it had no effect at all. So now I'm feeling soooo helpless.I really need help coming off these laxatives and the doc doesn't understand. He says "just do the test". Plus I've got this pain 24/7.Tara, your feedback really helped ... thanks a ton. I'm sooo glad that Zelmac is working for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts