Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone...got my biopsy results from my colonoscopy. Have to go back due to some mild inflammation found. The pathologist seems to think it may be microscopic colitis. Anybody know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
All I know is that one of my biopsies was done to rule it out, (I didnt have it). I would assume its a form of colitis (inflammatory bowel disease)that is only apparent on biopsy (seen thru a microscope).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually have diarrhea 5 days a week. The other days, I am either constipated or having normal bm's. I have lots of stomach spasms with the diarrhea (lots of pain). I do not have much blood (if I do it's from tearing or irritation of the anus). I had the colonoscopy because I had been really sick (worse than normal) for 2 weeks: diarrhea every day (all day), horrible pains in my abdomen and back, nausea, etc. I have been seeing my gen. doctor and we have tried several different meds to no avail. I requested to see a gastro. and was scheduled for the colonoscopy. I have read some on the internet about microscopic colitis but was interested in others who might have had it and how it was tested for and treated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know my doctor thought that I had microscopic colitis as well. I am not sure why he thought that as my symptoms mimiced IBS (cramping, diarrhea). We now know that it is probably "just" (ya right - just) IBS and nothing more. But, I had done some internet research and came across a board, similar to this one, for people with microscopic colitis. If you do a search, you can probably find it pretty easily. I think I put "microscopic colitis" and "boards" as my search phrase and found it that way. At any rate, I remember there was a TON of info on that board about it. You could probably ask those people abut their symptoms and regimine. They seemed like a pretty nice bunch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.