Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well when I had the endoscopy done they saw little ulcers (several of them) on my stomach and there were traces that they had bled in the past. So the GI Doctor said no more aspirin products or anything like that. I get horrible migraines and have tried everything from a-z over the counter and the only thing I have found that works is excedrin. Well I can't take excedrin because it's an aspririn product. So I went to the regular doctor he put me on Midrin (I've already tried Immetrix it doesn't work) the midrin doesnt seem to work either. I got a head ache last night. I get them from tension and stress and I've been under a lot lately and don't see it going away for the next couple of months because so many things are going on. Well I did what the bottle said I took two waited and hour still had the headache getting worse took another one waited an hour still had the headache getting worse. You are not supposed to take more than 5 in a twenty four hour period and no more than 10 a week. Well after 4 pills and it being three in the morning with my migrains getting worse. I knew I had to do something then or I wouldn't be able to get out of bed this morning so I hit the excedrin. I'm okay still a small trace of a headache but that's because I let it go on so long. So now I get to call the doctor and say hey this stuff sucks now what. I mean does he not realize that migraines can be debilitating. Now my stomach is burning because of the excedrin but hey at least the migrains is pretty much gone. Any suggestions. Hopefully I will be able to get in to see him today. Or I would rather see Marsh his assistant she's nicer.willow

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have asperin free excedrin, I bought some. Also I get real bad headaches, my doctor gave me a prescription called Flexerell, I take one at bedtime when needed, wake up, no headaches!

·
Registered
57 Posts
FYI: my experience with headaches/IBS....i get migraine headaches occasionally.. they were correlated with some foods.. also seemed to occur more when i was slightly dehydrated on a hot day.. so controlling some of the triggers helped reduce the headaches.. some of my triggers included coffee, hot dogs, bacon.. (could be allergic reaction to nitrites used as preservatives in these meats).. also, using elavil (antidepressant) has improved my IBS symptoms.. which also has reduced my migraine events.. havent got one in 8 months since i started elavil.. also, i could never take aspirin because of my GI sensitivity (i had an ulcer at one time too).. can only do tylenol..good luck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I really think you need to try and control your stress. IBS, ulcers and migranes are all agrevated by stress. If you can get your stress under control (counselling, medication, etc.), you may notice your other symptoms getting better too.good luck.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There are some nasal sprays available for migraines. IMITREX is one of them. That might be worth a try. I don't get migraines, but I had the worse sinus headaches and averaged taking anywhere from 10-30 ibuprofen in a week until I started taking Flonase nasal spray for allergies. And the nasal spray had never affected my IBS. My mom gets migraines, and she uses Furicet (sorry I don't know how to spell it) when she feels a bad one coming on. Her IBS is worse than mine, and she's had ulcers before, and it works for her. However, it is a controlled drug so it can be hard to get a prescription for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts