Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read awhile back that many IBS sufferers also suffer from migraines. I remember this little revelation well because it describes me perfectly. At the time, it seemed like a ludicrous correlation, I mean migraines related to IBS? However after much thought, it makes perfect sense. Both conditions are thought to be nerve-related and food-related, but nobody really knows much about either condition. As my husband pointed out, stress seems to affect both conditions also. It is very frustrating because I am always being held back by my IBS, or if I get that under control, then it is the migraines that are pummeling me. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I read in another thread that you use Magnesium occasionally. FWIW I have spoken to a couple of chiropractors who use Magnesium as an intervention for migraines when they are first coming on. I don't know what dosages they use; but you might try getting in touch with some in your area until you find one who has used that successfully. It would seem to me that it might be a good preventative for both of your conditions. (Find one that is chelated in order to maximize absorption.)Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.