Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suffer from IBS-D and had an awful attack yesturday morning. So I took three Imodiums and today I woke up with a terrible migraine. It lasted until I had a BM (still loose) this afternoon and now my head is just "sore". Does anyone else suffer from migraines too?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also suffer from migraines. I do not know whether it is related to the IBS or not... Now that you mention it though, I took 2 imodium last night and this morning had a terrible headache. I'll have to pay closer attention. I take excedrine migraine for my headaches though and works great!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Angela, thanks for your post. I take Excerdrin Migraine also. Most of the time it really helps but today I was considering taking more than the reccomedend two. But like I said I went to the bathroom and now just have that sore fuzzy head feeling. Let me know if you notice a connection!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Some C-type people have mentioned having headaches or migraines associated with their constipation.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Angela, maybe the immodium has "backed you up" enough to cause the headaches. Or maybe it's the immodium itself and not it's effects?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I also get Migraines but I have always had them. I used to get them just before my period but now I also get them as a side-effect of codine and morphene. I take Propanolol a low dose once a day as a precaution to try and stop the migraines. I still get them but they have reduced alittle.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I get ocular migranes ( a subset of regular migranes but they dont hurt). I am IBS C and D. Often the migranes are from stress and before I get my period. I was prescribed elavil(amitriptyline) for IBS pain and have found that it has also reduced the frequency of the migranes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I get migranes with my period and any of my IBS C or D! So.... basically all the time! Excedrin Migrane is the only thing that even touches them! They DO have an awful lot of caffeine in them though, and may make you heart race- try one at a time at first, and EAT something with them! Hope they get better for you! (((hugs)))

·
Registered
65 Posts
With me, there's a definite headache connection when I'm constipated. That's when headaches are the worst, especially pre-menstural. I don't suffer from the classic migraines, but they are throbbing and terribly painful behind one eye. Getting "un-constipated" almost always relieves the stabbing pain, although it's usually dull and doesn't go away for a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I as well get awful migraines doesn't have to be with periods anytime. Not fun i take 282 mep (meprobamate) it has a few different things in it as mep, aspirin, codeine and i think caffeine. The mep is a muscle relaxant which i do believe helps me when i cannot stop going to the bathroom. Read an articule awile back saying it was good for it. I notice quite the difference when i don't take any its an older drug but the mixture all together works wonders on a headache as well. anyone else ever try something of the sort?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Victoria, My mouth dropped open when I read your post.. I have the one eye migraine pre mentral for the last few months. My family suffers from migraines but have them all over their head not just in one spot. So they think I am a bit crazy. Mine are always in the same place. (right temple-eww it hurts thinking about it) I just changed birth control pills last month thinking they were the culperate of these migraines. I was scared to death about this month's pre menstral stage.. Sure enough, the day of my period I woke up with a right temple headache. It stayed with me for 3 days. The pain is in the same spot with no relief so it starts to make you batty after a few days. It hurts worse to cry but that is all you want to do after dealing with the pain for days and nights. The constipation can give me a dull headache but once my period gets here my bowels are normal then the real headache begins. Can't win for losing..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.