Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started Mike's tapes and am on day 5. However for the last 4 days my symptoms of IBS-D have worsened (which I know is because I had a meatball sub and a spicy dinner 4 days ago)My question is when one starts Mike's sessions, after how many days or sessions can I expect a decrease in IBS symptoms? My anxiety levels have definitely decreased and I sleep peacefully every night but when does hypnotherapy actually start helping with IBS?Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
that can vary by person. some people don't see any effect until completing it all or even some time afterwards. for me, they started helping with the sleep right away but I think the IBS was maybe 3/4 of the way through. and like others, it was afterwards when I really noticed a difference. But now when I go back and do some maintenance, I feel the effect much sooner. nancy

G

·
It took a few weeks before I noticed an improvement, but when it finally happened, it was significant. Hang in there and good things will probably happen for you as well
Evie

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think the fact that despite eating a spicy meatball sandwich and having serious D, that you're sleeping peacefully speaks volumes. I also think the previous two e-mails are helpful advice. It does take some time, but just keep being open to be open to the process, and you'll get results. You might want to stay away from the spicy meatball sandwiches for awhile though. Grin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.