Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on day 20 of Mike's tapes and they seem to be helping with my anxiety. The use them right before I go to sleep because that is the only time I know that I will not be interrupted but I almost always fall asleep before the session is over. Is this ok? I know he says the subconscious mind is always listening so I think it is ok to sleep. Does anyone have any input?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi, I've been thru the program twice now (the second time just for fun) and if i remember correctly there is no problem with falling asleep during the tapes. I know that i used them right at the same time you do and i fell asleep during them every single night and still got the benefits from them. So it should be ok!-Kac

·
Registered
336 Posts
For mike's answer to this and most other questions about the tapes you can think up please see the thread "Is there a way to bring Marilyn's thread back?" that i posted a little while ago -- Jackie has revived the info

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not to start any confusion, but the majority of hypnotists out there feel that falling asleep (and I mean real sleep) is not OK while listening to pre-recorded tapes/CDs. Most people do tapes/CDs after work or after a big dinner when they are naturally tired. The "school of thought" is, yes, your subconscious will still benefit from what's being said, but the effect is limited.This is a contentious issue between hypnotists/hypnotherapists, but go with what your hypnotherapist advises or states.As an added note, Dave Elman, a hypnotist that taught only to the medical profession in the U.S. during the 60's,70's and early 80's, taught all his students how to "bring back" patients from sleep, back into trance.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I think the question there was though, is is ok to drift off during the session, which is ok, Unless i did the whole program wrong twice, i have fallen *alseep* during every single of the 100 days i did it for.I will bump up Marilyns thread for you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nikki,Thank you for your reply. But having taken a "certified" course through the National Guild of Hypnotists and having 5 years of practical experience of working with clients, I don't need to see this thread again...as we all have seen it before.Hypnotists/hypnotherapists spend a great deal of time in the preamble before hypnosis telling clients that "hypnosis is not sleep. That you hear everything that is being said to you. You can even talk and carry on a conversation if requested". Would you please explain to me how you can do all those things when you've "drifted off to sleep". Mike states that you can drift off to sleep - that's Mike's belief. And seeing its his product, he's intitled to his thoughts. All I pointed out was, you spoke from "authority" and gave the wrong impression. It would have been better said " Mike believe's that drifting off to sleep is OK".There are too many people on the internet making statements and claims that either don't know what their talking about or are not qualified to give their opinions. And before you fire back a reply, this comment is a general comment and not about Mike, as he has vast experience in hypnosis.There are always two sides (even three !) to a story. All I ask is people take the time to research themselves on what they're being told. Now I know that you speak from experience as a professional hypnotist, correct? After all this, you're not going to say that's what you were told?
wink, here.Thanks for your imput.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.