Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I hav been looking so much into this subject here d last couple of days. I thought i was d only one with this!!!! ok so its lik this: When I was 16 i had a surgery for piles which made.... my sphincters lost control resulting in bowel incontinence for 3 yrs. After that i was ok ...but leaky gas started.....a GI told me to do endoscopy & d result was Mild Antral Gastritis..... I tried many treatments for my leaky gas including ayurveda ,naturopathy............ nothing worked ..... I saw another GI & did a stool test it was normal he told me I had ibs & prescribed probiotics...I hav been having them since then....I am also doing somthinfor my anxiety wit a doc. Most lately i had an antibiotic called Norflox TZ(norfloxacin+tinidazole+lactic acid bacillus) ( 1 week) to get rid of d smeLly microbes It didnt work & I smelled soooo bad ......I am still taking probiotics........hav tried most diets. Now i hav burning sensation with slight pain in my lower abdomen...is it b'coz of my Antral gastritis??? I did a stool test ..negative ....Is it enough or shud i do a Colonoscopy ??? What r d important food intolerance tests...that i shud do..??? Could my leaky gas....b as a result of my bowel incontinence earlier & hav to do wit sphincter control??? Please Reply...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would look into SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). Get a hydrogen breath test and see if you test positive. Contact me from there. I've heard of only 2 people who have been able to keep away their symptoms for a year and I'm going to follow what they did. Oh and I too was looking into the possibility that a weakened sphincter muscle might have something to do with leaky gas also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would look into SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). Get a hydrogen breath test and see if you test positive. Contact me from there. I've heard of only 2 people who have been able to keep away their symptoms for a year and I'm going to follow what they did. Oh and I too was looking into the possibility that a weakened sphincter muscle might have something to do with leaky gas also.
thanks searchingforanswers.....Im going to try SIBO had terribl diarrea today!!!!! lik usual im farting high thru lif....... d microbes r realy wrkin hard today!!!! hey i'd love to know about those 2 people.keep on postin if somthing wrks for u...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Go to www.inspire.com/categories/digestive-system-disorders/ they were on this site. And look up SIBO it's in one of those topics. BTW I joined that site i'm SIBOgirl. It's a little more focused than here but still lacks the conversation. Anyways I find answers however I can, so I'm on both sites.Good news I found another person who is having success keeping their SIBO symptoms away with antibiotics then probiotics, then diet change to low-carb, lots of veggies, and gluten free. Will soon be making a delicious gluten free pasta/carrot dish i found. Look up "SIBO recipes" on google and it should be the 1st one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.