Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is a new one for me. i am used to the severe gas pains, the i have to get this you know what out of me or i am going to die pains. the am i pregnant and having a baby pains? the when did the alian do this to me pain.but after this terrible bout of 3 to 4 times a day diareah i now have a dull constant pain below my belly. its just there, if i press it doesnt hurt or anything. I cant figure it out and releasing gas isnt releaving it. if maybe its muscle or lack there of. anyone ever get this kind of pain. its like its just sore. just wondering.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Know how you feel, I have recently started to get a pain/ache below the belly which came about after bad D. I aslo get a little ache at the top of the bum. I just take a couple of painkillers and hope for the best. Started taking Immodium yesterday and this seems to help.

G

·
Yeah, I used to get that alot, I am sure it was my transverse colon and its muscle spasms that I was feeling. Food moving along from right to left side.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i went to the doctor for my follow up and i told him about the strange little pain. and he depressed my stomach. i am sure you know about that. when he pressed it in the spot i though the pain was i felt a sharp pain in a lower area. it was almost as though i could outline my colon or small intestine or whatever is in there. but i could feel it move and shift. and he did this on both sides. when he pressed on the left side i felt pain on my right. when pressed on my right i felt the pain in my lower right, exactly where it is tender.his primary diagnoses was colitis. i was not a happy camper! all of a sudden IBS looked like a groovy thing. well anyway, i will not know until i see the grouchy gastrointestinal guy next week. i hope he is in a better mood then he was last time i saw him a year ago.thanks guys. i hope you feel well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for asking, the grouchy dr. said it was IBS and i have to stop all dairy products and start konsyl fibre drink (yuck) and metamucil crackers. no red meat and just eat fibre and more fibre. and to stop smoking. i am doing most of the above. have not been able to find the Konsyl. so after the samples ran out i continued on the metamucil drink. just twice a day. instead of the Konsyl once a day. oh, and i still smoke.and he told me to exercise. and i have to go back in a month. he has the personality of a postage stamp. but my primary insist i see him. i am still not regular, but i am doing what he wants me to do, and i am getting a lot out of this site. i was just happy that he said most of the things that i read about here. and i had to respect him for that.

G

·
Hi Roe,well, it's a relief your GI didn't concur on the colitis. I hope you get some benefit from the things you are trying. I too was advised to avoid dairy when my gut was in pain. However I found no relief upon doing so. I started taking calcium supplement.I'm surprised you are taking the metamucil x2 a day instead of just once. I hope it is working well for you.p.s. the exercise helped me too. Just going for a walk away from work at lunch and doing some stairs, dancing to music & gentle stretches at home in the evening was a good start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.