Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a mild cure to treat IBS/C? Metamucial/Citracel is just do gassy/bloaty and Milk Of Magnesium gives me cramps when it works. It's getting better with exercise (lots of ab crunches) and I've cut out white bread. The worst is right before my period.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You may want to add some trunk twisting exercises or add some Yoga or T'ai Chi if exercising seems to help.Increasing water intake can help and you may want to try bran. It is an insoluble fiber and some people tolerate it better than the soluble fibers.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
506 Posts
Try taking Magnesium suppliments - its pretty much the same as taking a very small amount of Milk of Magnesia. The daily recommended amount is up to 500 mg/day. Check old posts on Magnsium for more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.