Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a small protein shake last night, i drank very little of it because i didn't know if my body could tolerate it. I wake up this morning and i still have that milky stench in my mouth. Is this a sign that i should avoid this product?? why am experiencing such an after taste??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
a few things come to mind off the top of my head.1. Do you brush your teeth before bed? Stuff can stay in between teeth overnight and cause tastes.2. Some odor compound in the milk gets through the blood and was coming out in the lungs in the morning (like garlic breath)3. If you have reflux issues you may have gotten stuff in your mouth before it moved on.This is not AFAIK some symptom of lactose or milk protein intolerance.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Reflux or outgassing of food are not symptoms of specific food intolerances.If no other milk product does this and the other ingredients are OK for you then I wouldn't worry, unless it is just way too annoying.Is there some reason you can't get protein from real food?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.