Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a problem with both cow and soy milk? I seem to go ok if I cut milk of any kind out. I can understand having problems with cow milk, but why soy as well? What is the logic behind it, as far as I know they are two copletely different products.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Soy beans are beans.All beans have a couple of sugars (raffinose is one) that make them the "musical fruit". I don't know how many beans you eat, but you may find a large serving of beans with meal will also cause you problems.They don't have lactose, but IBSers that react to gas aren't reacting just to gas from lactose, but anything that makes gas.Raffinose and some other things (like sorbitol in some fruits) are not digested by any human and are always for everyone bacteria food that results in an increase in gas volume. For IBSers that increase in gas volume (and that is why lactose bothers some if they happen to be a person that doesn't digest it) can be a problem.Rice or Almond milk may be a better option. You might also try a cow's milk that has been pretreated to get rid of the lactose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.