Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have an appointment with Dr. Gershon at the MBDC in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what other people's experiences with the Center were. If any of you have been patients there and are willing to share your thoughts/successes with their treatments, I'd love to here from you either on the BB or you can email me at pariclete###aol.comThanks,

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Xtian, first you know they have a forum on the bb here?Second, They know IBS and should be able to help you out.Also have you read their website?

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eric, Thanks for the reply. I have checked out the website and already have an appointment. I was hoping to get some personal experiences from others who've been through their program so I could know what to expect.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
There was someone who went there and we have not seen him for a while on the bb. Hopefully things went well for him.The center is up on current research for IBS though so you know.

·
Registered
172 Posts
sorry i haven't posted in a while, especially with my updates on my experiences at the mbdc that i had promised. i've been still checking pretty regularly but haven't posted in months...i'm doing ok, i guess...i've improved enough in past 8 months enough to have gone to school this past spring for the first time in 2 years, but i don't think it was mostly due to mbdc's help. i think it's more from moving back in with my family, diet, etc. than mbdc's help; the only real changes they've helped me with are:- switching from effexor xr to elavil (tho so far it seems that the effexor was more helpful than the elavil has been)- testing me and discovering i have lactose intolerance (which was no surprise to me, i had been avoiding milk and most lactose-containing products already)i also did therapy there for a couple of months, but it definitely did much more worse (esp. in the family group therapies) than good.now, *my* experiences with mbdc thus far haven't resulted in much improvement, but i'm still sticking to them as i know they are fully up to date on ibs issues, as eric noted. and i guess i'm still keeping faith in dr. gerson that he's trying his best to find something that works for me, and not playing my wallet. still have doubts though, as he hasn't improved my ibs all that much and i feel as if he's more satisfied with my current condition than i am. also, i don't know other doctors in the area with high marks from ibs-ers (any recommendations??? ibs doctors in nyc/nj area? there must be other great docs around here)....so my personal opinion is still kinda open on the mbdc. but they certainly seem like they know what they're doing, and seem especially attuned to the ibs patient as well. i just don't see the results i hoped for in the beginning (yet, at least).xtian, i have emailed you additional info as well.i hope this helps-meth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.