Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone was talking about an antidepressent helping thier IBS I tried it too and it did work. As anyone tried anything like yoga and if so did it help. I NEED STRESS RELIEF!!!!! Im thinking that that would greatly help the IBS symptoms I have had lately.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi, Kelly. I have been prescribed antidepressants to help me quit smoking and for IBS but didn't like to take them because they made me kind of groggy. The best things I've found for stress relief are walking (alone, and outside), hypnosis (but get a reference for one that is medically trained), deep breathing which I first learned from the hypnotist and then read about in Dr. Andrew Weil's books, and trigger point massage therapy from a Licensed Massage Therapist. The one I go to also recommended that I stretch out flat on my back on the bed with a pillow under my knees (only way to rest the low back muscles) and listen to very soft music through head phones. I've either done or do all of the above but it needs to be done every single day - at least one or more of them. I also find that humor and laughter, the bellyer the better, are great stress relievers. Now let's get this back to the top and get some other suggestions for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.