Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. I never get cramps, but last night I had them so bad that I could almost see the muscles in my belly being pulled in! I did get a little visitor this morning, so it's possible that the cramps were either mentstrual or gas. The strange thing is I was fine one second, and at the snap of a finger, doubled over in agony.It was pretty intence though. Only lasted for about half an hour, but I couldn't even sit up. I had to bend forwards and put my heating pad on my belly. It was really strange. Does anyone know why this happens?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Just that it does.My double me over cramps usually happened when I did anything that jiggled the abdomen (walking to the mailbox) or required me to tighen up the abdominal muscles (bending over and picking things up off the floor even as light as a couple of pounds).K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yep, I've had cramps that bad, both from my period and IBS/gas.When it's due to my period, I have ongoing painful cramps, but I get waves where they are worse. When it's IBS, that's when I can be not too bad one minute and grimacing and doubling over the next.And being in pain a long time is exhausting mentally, for me at least. When I have been sick in the morning and had to miss something for work, sometimes they ask why I didn't call earlier, and I've explained that first I was doubled over in so much pain, curled up in a fetal position in bed, yes sometimes blissfully slipping into sleep for a little while if I was tired enough... talk about being in a haze... or on the toilet, having a D attack...which usually comes after the aforementioned. One time I called one co-worker at one time, and wasn't able to get out of the bathroom long enough to call the other for 45 minutes. I think I picked up the phone to call, at one point, but had to stop dialing and run back to the loo. Of course, that kind of attack usually only happens to me if I wake up too early for my body, or eat something I shouldn't have.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that's all it was. Period and gas cramps. I get really gassy at times (expecially that time of the month) but i NEVER get cramps, so it caught me off guard.Anyway, I've got twinges today (ugh), so all is better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts