Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...Whenever my Husband would be upset or worried over something, he would come to me about it. However, if it's something relational between us, it really sets off my stomach pain. I won't mean for it. But I tend to feel bad a lot, which leads me to crying, whenever we do have a discussion about our relationship. That said, once again, it always sets off my stomach pain. So, I'm curious...Has anyone had this type of issue at all? Because I'm curious that if anyone does, how do they make it to where they feel less pain in their stomach again?My Husband has a hard time talking to me when it comes to serious things, because he feels really bad that when he tries to express how he feels about something, it always makes my stomach pain worse. So, it's very hard for him to come talk to me.And I want to fix that.I want him to be able to come up to me and talk to me without any worries of it setting off my stomach pain. So, does anyone have advice as to how to keep my pain from getting worse?Communication is key to the both of us, and it's hard to stay communicative because of my IBS. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
And I want to fix that.
I am sure you would benefit from counselling and perhaps could fix that with a mental health professional's help.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Agreed. A good mental professional can certainly help, esp. if you find one that also has some knowledge of IBS. Best of luck! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts