Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Mineral Oil may interfer with your ablilty to absorb certain nutrients. Some of it is going to depend on what you mean by occasionallyAlso I found this on the web: http://neuro-www.mgh.harvard.edu/forum/ADH...nstipation.html "Originally published in Mayo Clinic Health Letter, February 1995Q. Which is the best laxative: mineral oil or castor oil? A. Neither is a good choice. Mineral oil is a lubricant and temporary stool softener. Because your body reacts to it as a foreign substance, mineral oil may chronically irritate the lining of your intestines. Some of the slippery liquid also can pass into your trachea and then your lungs, where it can cause chronic inflammation and cough. "K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.And from the as if IBS isn't enough of a worry file...from New Scientist's Feedback column: photographed on the door of a ladies' loo in the Sequoia National Park in California by reader Liz Masterman: "Please keep door closed to discourage bears from entering."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.