Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have use mini-enemas with the fleet bottle that you can buy at the pharmacy.You can use the bottle again if you sterilize it.I use very little amount at room temperature water and it does moves the things down there.
I don't have cramps or D because i just use about one once at this moment.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Spasman, Those Fleet bottles can get expensive if you use them on a regular basis. Isn't?
I use a rectal syringe when I'm plugged up and need a little relief. This has literally saved my butt a few times in the moments when I was away from home and needed a little something to get things moving down there.
Now those syringes have other applications too, but I won't go into details on that. You'll have to rely on your imagination there.
skinny

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there many tips in the box?I'm interested.
The problem with your ballon is that you can't tell if it is totally clean.The advantage of the Fleet bottle is the fact that it is transparent!!!

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.lifeknox.com/colitis.html Quote:"The baking soda counteracts acid. This is the reason I use baking soda enemas to treat colitis. Baking soda is alkaline. It reacts with any acid to neutralize it, and is not a strong enough base to cause any burns on its own. It works. In fact it works so well, the body thought of it first. The colon pumps bicarbonate into the colon to neutralize acid own its own in health. The use of baking soda to treat many conditions of excess acidity is very old. In colds and infections these enemas helps restore the acid alkaline balance. In colitis they help prevent and heal acid burns. The old books recommend one tablespoon of baking soda per quart of water. I think this is too much. I recommend one teaspoon of baking soda per quart. Even the higher amount has never been reported to have caused any problems at all. So I am probably just being over cautious in my recommendations. However, with IBS or colitis I like the enemas to be as soothing as possible and want to keep the alkaline content usable, but very mild."

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey!Others Products?I'm a enema newbie but my "mini-enemas" does help to releive some gas.Any comments?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Spasman,Have you ever heard of this product? And if so, have you tried it?Docusol Constipation Relief, Mini Enemas Relief within 15 minutes Non-Irritating Safe, Fast & Effective Complete Evacuation. Non - Irritating Replaces Suppositories & Fleets

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No,i'm interested.I'm on treatment rigth now i can't type or search much.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to see the bottle itself but the photo dosen't seems to be avalable.I want disposable tips.
From your link:"Store at room temperature 15� - 30� C (59�-86�F) Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Docusate Sodium USP (283 mg) (Stool Softener Laxative)Inactive Ingredients: Polyethylene Glycol (and), Glycerine USP Warnings: For rectal use only.Do not use:Laxative products when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present. Laxative products for a period longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor.Stop use and ask a doctor if you have:Rectal bleeding Noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks. Failed to have a bowel movement after use. This may indicate a serious condition.Pregnant or Lactating Women, ask a health professional before use."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.