Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
three days ago, I was constipated.now, after three days on miralax, I'm bloated, crampy, sometimes nauseous, and constipated.I'll give it another day or two. I know it can take a couple doses to start working.but right now I'm pretty miserable.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Hi.Unfortunaly,most of the products against C will makes you miserable.Fibers supp. is one of them,especially for the spastic bowel like us.Gas producers should definitly be evoid in large amount.Because fermentation IS a danger.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Do you take it with lot of water?Apparently,you should.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I love Miralax. It helps me a ton. Takes about three days to kick in...but causes me a lot of gas and bloating. I take it RIGHT before I fall asleep. I cannot imagine taking it during the day. I'd be bloated and gassy all day. I take it with a glass of water.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:but causes me a lot of gas and bloating.
It actually does not cause any gas. That gas was already present and it just makes you aware of it.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Nicole,i have more trouble to sleep while gassy than move around and pass the gas eventually during the day.
You must have weird dreams while you are intoxicated.
If i'm too gassy,i will wake up in the middle of the nigth ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.