Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS alternating diarrhea and constipation and have for years. I was wondering if anyone with the same has tried Miralax and if it helped regulate things. I have tried every med, had colonoscopies, egd's and am getting so discouraged. I have been to 3 different GI docs with no luck. Please help!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just recently diagnosed with IBS-D...however after having a small bowel follow through the barium...well...did NOT want to leave my body! So after several days of excruciating pain, I called my GI doc who said to try Miralax for a few days until things were 'loose again' (honestly I'd settle for a few days of 'normal' but not sure if I'd recognize that anymore...lol). At any rate, the Miralax did at least start some movement, which offered MUCH relief as far as the pain goes. I was also very surprised that it did not leave me feeling bloated or extra gassy. I will add, however, that the doc has me taking 2 doses daily (and the bottle says to just take it once a day). The best part was that it was absolutely tasteless! I could dissolve it in any liquid and be able to tolerate drinking it (and that for me...is QUITE unusual!). GOOD LUCK!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.