Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stool softeners seem to give me alot of gas. Can Miralx be used daily without harm to the colon like a senna product. How long does it take to work? a few hours.. overnight? thanks Teach

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stool softeners seem to give me alot of gas. Can Miralx be used daily without harm to the colon like a senna product. How long does it take to work? a few hours.. overnight? thanks Teach
I was told it is safe to use every day. It took a while to work but I had to figure out how much I needed. I take 3 cap fulls. If I only take 2 it doesn't work. I wish I tried it sooner. AND I hope it doesn't stop working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was told it is safe to use every day. It took a while to work but I had to figure out how much I needed. I take 3 cap fulls. If I only take 2 it doesn't work. I wish I tried it sooner. AND I hope it doesn't stop working.
Hmmm...I've just started learning how to deal with my IBS lately, though I've been using Miralax for over a half a year now, and all I've ever taken is 1 cap full in the mornings with my coffee, though now coffee looks to be one of the many things that upsets my stomach in the mornings......but it doesn't dissolve in anything else that I drink in the morning.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes. I've used it everyday for like 6 months now and it does nothing harmful to you. It's meant to keep things moving. And that's what it does. Docs said diarrhea can actually be a good thing in my case. It's better than constipation. And if I skip a dose or dont take enough I get bloating and bad gas pains. I take 1 cap per 8oz twice a day on a good day( so (8oz of water twice a day, each with 1 cap miralax) . And when I need to I increase my dose to 16oz water (with 2 caps) in the morning and 16 oz water (with 2 caps) in the evening. Miralax is helping me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts