Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be a good idea instead of posting this on an already ongoing thread, to make a new topic.I can call my regular doctor and if I want, request and be written a script for Miralax.I plan on doing this shortly.Before I went and acted though, I wanted to get your last opinion on this prescirption.I want to know, obviously medication alone is not going to be the best treatment. I will need therapy and diet along with medication to be at my best.That said, I wanted to know, do you really think I should ask and take Miralax; is it really the best medication for somebody with my condition, bloating, not a full release of bowels, constipation, is this drug tailored to these needs?I have taken Dicyclimine, Benefiber, and Citrucell, along with Anti-Depressants, none of which have given me long term relief.In fact, the only thing which I saw big benefit was the Benefiber, and that wore off in a couple days.I am going to ask for Miralax based on the countless times it has been suggested to me, but before I do, I just wanted to know if this presicption really is better than what I have taken, if it really is a good choice, and why you people are so high on this presciption, thanks.What is this going to do, why is thins going to be sucessful, for me and my problems when the others were not.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If you are truly suffering from constipation... miralax is a great drug for helping with that.Many people have found great relief from constipation with this medicine.Again, if it's possible to get an appointment and discuss this medicine with your doctor, go for it...If he could consult with you over the phone and direct you on how to take it, that would be fine...Try the hypno tapes with it... And keep the diet going... might try typing.. "foods to help bloating" or "diet for bloating" into a search engine and see what kind of results you get. I'm sure there will be lots of different websites.

·
Registered
146 Posts
yup, and right after you do a search with those questions, how about you do one asking about MIRALAX?!
Sandi~

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a bagel today.I felt an increase in bloating, I also felt constipated after it.This usually happens when I have a bagel, is there any reason why?It's a harmless bagel.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here's a clue, bagels cause BLOATING AND CONSTIPATION FOR YOU, so don't eat them!!!
Mod's, why aren't his threads moved to the "constipation" forum like Joolie's were?! Sandi~

·
Registered
146 Posts
Silent, it's so beyond ridiculous now that I really think he has some serious problems, none of which have anything to do with his digestive system.
Sandi~

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would a bagel, of all foods, do this, also I took Citrcucell, I have gas, Iw onder if Miralax helps with that as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
V,Bagels bloat me up as well. Really, anything high in carbohydrates like bagels, potatoes, pasta give me serious bloating.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Maybe if I type in bold and in all caps you'll read it and understand:
AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU, SOME FOODS BOTHER SOME AND DON'T OTHERS. BAGELS CAUSE MANY PEOPLE TO HAVE GAS, I AM ONE OF THEM! DON'T EAT THEM!!! ALSO YOU JUST STATED A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO THAT YOU FIGURED OUT THAT CITRUCEL WAS CAUSING YOU PROBLEMS AND YOU WERE GOING TO STOP TAKING IT. SO STOP TAKING IT!!!Sandi~Peardrops, you are absolutely right!! Sistermoon, he's been told about carbs so many times we've lost count!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
volatile, im willing to respond to you...im willing to try to help you.i just want to know if you're messing with us... due to the high volume of posts asking the same thing repeatedly, im wondering if you are just trying to get a rise out of us?please answer

·
Registered
624 Posts
As mentioned on Volatile's other thread I think we've come as far as we're going to with these topics, and so I'm going to close this thread as well. Thanks for your understanding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.