Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be a good idea instead of posting this on an already ongoing thread, to make a new topic.I can call my regular doctor and if I want, request and be written a script for Miralax.I plan on doing this shortly.Before I went and acted though, I wanted to get your last opinion on this prescirption.I want to know, obviously medication alone is not going to be the best treatment. I will need therapy and diet along with medication to be at my best.That said, I wanted to know, do you really think I should ask and take Miralax; is it really the best medication for somebody with my condition, bloating, not a full release of bowels, constipation, is this drug tailored to these needs?I have taken Dicyclimine, Benefiber, and Citrucell, along with Anti-Depressants, none of which have given me long term relief.In fact, the only thing which I saw big benefit was the Benefiber, and that wore off in a couple days.I am going to ask for Miralax based on the countless times it has been suggested to me, but before I do, I just wanted to know if this presicption really is better than what I have taken, if it really is a good choice, and why you people are so high on this presciption, thanks.What is this going to do, why is thins going to be sucessful, for me and my problems when the others were not.

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a bagel today.I felt an increase in bloating, I also felt constipated after it.This usually happens when I have a bagel, is there any reason why?It's a harmless bagel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.