Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took this ( given 3 weeks back) and nothing happened. I took it for 7 days,... and by that time my husband ran out and got me some enema's. Thank goodness for them. So Monday.,.. saw the GI and he gave me Zelnorm. So far... I'm having some results. ( knock on wood)

·
Registered
82 Posts
It should say on the label that it takes 3-5 days to take into effect. Make sure you take it twice a day. It's also important to make sure that the solution is fully dissolved or else it won't have its full effect. It usually takes about 3 minutes of constant stirring when I use Gatorade.

·
Registered
25 Posts
AHHHHHHH! DONT TAKE THAT STUFF! It doesnt help. If you notice all of the people who have posted have to take other things along with it for it to work. They are going to up the dose to the point you might as well hook a straw to the miralax bottle!! I have never heard of a case that it works by itself. It always made me feel not so great, and it tastes NASTY! good luck, and i hope you find relief soon!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sometimes the answer is a combo of things and not just one thing by itself- I am doing very well taking all three- miralax, zelnorm and milk of mag- I was doing 3 doses of miralax and now only two- take it with water flavored with lemon or gatroade or soemthing and it has no taste. thank God for it for my son who has to have it to go b/c of his meds that mess him up- he is only 7 and it works great with him. Im personally very thankful for the stuff.

·
Registered
126 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Raj:Raj, New MemberI have just started taking Miralax for constipation. So far nothing hashappened and I am still constipated for 3 days. Any comments?
It was the same for me. I would take it for days on end with no effect. Then, suddenly, I'd have to make a mad dash to the bathroom. I'm a church choir director, and that happened to me in the middle of a rehearsal one night. I'm no longer taking Miralax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.