Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never done this before but I'm doing it now now.This post is me moaning if you want to read something constructive look elsewhere. I have nothing to offer you, no advice, no treatment suggestions, no nothing, sorry, maybe another time.Still here? Thank you, ok then here goes.Tonight is the ?????? invitation that I have had to turn down and again my wife (God bless her) has gone to this social thingy on her own.I am fed up with this problem fed up fed up. Some one today said perhaps it's a virus someone else perhaps it's something you ate at Christmas. Do they mean 13 Christmases ago or the last one? I am fed up with well meaning but ignorant people trying to be nice and helpful they just don't have a clue, not their fault just how it is.I wish that they would all just KEEP QUIET.I thought for a moment today, I wish everyone had this IBS thing if only for 2 days so that they could appreciate what this is like, I know don't tell me that is not a nice thought to have and you are quite right I'm sorry.I'm fed up, I think this is starting to wear thin on members of my family now but I've told them they will just have to bear with me there are things that I am trying but nothing is a quick fix if it was I would buy it regardless of the cost (well almost). I could go on and on and on I expect you could too but what's the point.I am done thank you for being with me I know that you will understand.If this is in the wrong forum I could not give a monkeys ***********Time for a funny happy face thing

·
Registered
169 Posts
jb2, im with ya, check out katz (thats me) about my unpredictable days and nights! you aren't the only one who is totally fed up. i've always said that this is the worst "joke" that the mind is playing on the body or body playing on the mind! sometimes a coloscapy(i know that isn't spelled right) would be better but, really it wouldn't so i've read and i'm not willing to go that drastic at this point! i've had mine for so long that nothing surprises me anymore! if i have to go to a function i just take 4 antidirrheals and extra with me and hope for the best! i get more aggrivated staying home letting my body tell me what to do so, i fight back! sometimes i get so tired of fighting this and explaining myself, i don't anymore cuz, i've used every excuse imaginable! so, i just pick myself up and try my hardest to have the best possible time i can, even though i have to constantly notice my "guts" and how their doing. it's like a whole different person inside of me that always needs to be "tended" to.

·
Registered
169 Posts
jb2, im with ya, check out katz (thats me) about my unpredictable days and nights! you aren't the only one who is totally fed up. i've always said that this is the worst "joke" that the mind is playing on the body or body playing on the mind! sometimes a coloscapy(i know that isn't spelled right) would be better but, really it wouldn't so i've read and i'm not willing to go that drastic at this point! i've had mine for so long that nothing surprises me anymore! if i have to go to a function i just take 4 antidirrheals and extra with me and hope for the best! i get more aggrivated staying home letting my body tell me what to do so, i fight back! sometimes i get so tired of fighting this and explaining myself, i don't anymore cuz, i've used every excuse imaginable! so, i just pick myself up and try my hardest to have the best possible time i can, even though i have to constantly notice my "guts" and how their doing. it's like a whole different person inside of me that always needs to be "tended" to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go on yersel'son! Moan all you want coz if you don't say it I will!!! I've just discovered this site tonight and I'm sooooo glad I have! It's such a pain in the arse...pardon the pun! It's nice to be able to sound off to people who KNOW what you're on about. I sometimes feel that I must sound like I'm continually ill. I've a sore head, my stomachs sore, god my joints ache, I feel really sick, I'm away to ma bed I'm sooo tired. All due to IBS ...fantastic. Well at least we're not alone jb2. There's lugs listening all over the world lovedrc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go on yersel'son! Moan all you want coz if you don't say it I will!!! I've just discovered this site tonight and I'm sooooo glad I have! It's such a pain in the arse...pardon the pun! It's nice to be able to sound off to people who KNOW what you're on about. I sometimes feel that I must sound like I'm continually ill. I've a sore head, my stomachs sore, god my joints ache, I feel really sick, I'm away to ma bed I'm sooo tired. All due to IBS ...fantastic. Well at least we're not alone jb2. There's lugs listening all over the world lovedrc

·
Registered
518 Posts
jb2 and all,This is the place to vent, rant and/or moan about this wretched IBS and every once in a while we all need to do that. It's hard to have to be so careful about invitations, to not being able to go to things with your family, to spend more and more time at home. Can I join your moan, with mine about this: tonight a dear relative used my IBS and the diet I'm following to control it to get out of a lunchdate for the both of us, I know I shouldn't be upset about it, but apparently it was easier to use my condition as an excuse than just saying that we couldn't come, and after all I do have to excuse myself sometimes, so why not use it
Fay

·
Registered
518 Posts
jb2 and all,This is the place to vent, rant and/or moan about this wretched IBS and every once in a while we all need to do that. It's hard to have to be so careful about invitations, to not being able to go to things with your family, to spend more and more time at home. Can I join your moan, with mine about this: tonight a dear relative used my IBS and the diet I'm following to control it to get out of a lunchdate for the both of us, I know I shouldn't be upset about it, but apparently it was easier to use my condition as an excuse than just saying that we couldn't come, and after all I do have to excuse myself sometimes, so why not use it
Fay

·
Registered
57 Posts
jb2, I sure sympathize. After many years of having IBS and never feeling confident enough about it to even tell a doctor, I did mention it to my doctor this year. He sharply asked me,'What makes you think you have IBS?' I gave him a few details and let it drop. I wound up in the hospital and since then have been seeing a gastroenterologist who is sympathetic and helpful. I got up even more courage after getting out of the hospital and told a few women who were comparing health issues that I never know how I'm going to be or feel for the day when I wake up in the morning, but provided no details, wanting to see their reaction. They all laughed (I didn't). It's nice that people in the forum can empathize, though. I hope you find a good treatment that works for you. Keep your chin up and have faith that you will find the right way for your specific set of symptoms.

·
Registered
57 Posts
jb2, I sure sympathize. After many years of having IBS and never feeling confident enough about it to even tell a doctor, I did mention it to my doctor this year. He sharply asked me,'What makes you think you have IBS?' I gave him a few details and let it drop. I wound up in the hospital and since then have been seeing a gastroenterologist who is sympathetic and helpful. I got up even more courage after getting out of the hospital and told a few women who were comparing health issues that I never know how I'm going to be or feel for the day when I wake up in the morning, but provided no details, wanting to see their reaction. They all laughed (I didn't). It's nice that people in the forum can empathize, though. I hope you find a good treatment that works for you. Keep your chin up and have faith that you will find the right way for your specific set of symptoms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Forget the moaning... I've been in tears three times this week. I've taken several sick days from teaching school. It's so embarrassing. Some of my colleagues are fed up with the inconveniences of my absences, but I just get so exhausted and frustrated. My principal has been very supportive, and has even suggested a week's medical leave of absence. Very few people will sympathize with you, unless they have had their own experiences. I had a colleague blow up at me today for this reason. I was so upset and humiliated that I ended up going home for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Forget the moaning... I've been in tears three times this week. I've taken several sick days from teaching school. It's so embarrassing. Some of my colleagues are fed up with the inconveniences of my absences, but I just get so exhausted and frustrated. My principal has been very supportive, and has even suggested a week's medical leave of absence. Very few people will sympathize with you, unless they have had their own experiences. I had a colleague blow up at me today for this reason. I was so upset and humiliated that I ended up going home for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I moan all the time when it comes to my social life. As long as I can stay in the safety of my home I am OK. Can keep busy and think of other things, but we can't always do that. I hate going places where we will be eating out. My gas smell gets worse right after I eat.
My family members are embrassed and everyone else avoids me. My Doctor listens, but admits he has no answers. He says other than this gassy problem I am healthy and will live to be 95. No thanks .......
I am ready to go meet the Lord anytime.
wishing each of you a better day tomorrow. Glad we can come here and share our feelings.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I moan all the time when it comes to my social life. As long as I can stay in the safety of my home I am OK. Can keep busy and think of other things, but we can't always do that. I hate going places where we will be eating out. My gas smell gets worse right after I eat.
My family members are embrassed and everyone else avoids me. My Doctor listens, but admits he has no answers. He says other than this gassy problem I am healthy and will live to be 95. No thanks .......
I am ready to go meet the Lord anytime.
wishing each of you a better day tomorrow. Glad we can come here and share our feelings.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
jb2, I hear ya. It always feels good to moan doesn't it? Espeically to people who understand. I moan to anyone in my family and I end up wanting to kick them by the end of it.
I also wish some people in my life had this for maybe a month! A few days isn't long enough, because all people get D/C and pain every now and then. A month should give them a better idea of what I go through (see I've thought it all out! LOL). Then maybe they would shut their PIE HOLE when I'm not feeling well.
Or tell me what their "magic" cures are. Or tell me to wait a minute when it comes to getting to a bathroom in public.
Just one little month.
Ahhh see I feel better now too. Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.