Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my lab work and it said moderate white blood cells My family doc sent me for the IBS tests and found this have a appointment with a new IBS doctor that they say likes to run loots of tests witch I like cant find any info on this anyone know about the white blood cells and what I can expect I am on thyroid stuff Lovoxl (275 some say thats a lot to take any help would be nice welty35###aol.com please------------------karl m welty

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It just said "moderate white blood cells"?I'd think "moderate" would be used to describe an increase or decrease in the numbers of white blood cells.Like "moderately elevated white blood cells".Moderate generally means some but not to much of. Usually for something that is average amounts of things they use normal. So I'm not sure how to interpret moderate white blood cells unless they are indicating some change that isn't in the normal range, but isn't a big change outside the normal range. If there is no descriptor refering to change it sounds like they may be using moderate instead of average numbers of them.White blood cells increase whenever your immune system is fighting something off. Decreases may be seen in certain diseases as well.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 07-09-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It just said "moderate white blood cells"?I'd think "moderate" would be used to describe an increase or decrease in the numbers of white blood cells.Like "moderately elevated white blood cells".Moderate generally means some but not to much of. Usually for something that is average amounts of things they use normal. So I'm not sure how to interpret moderate white blood cells unless they are indicating some change that isn't in the normal range, but isn't a big change outside the normal range. If there is no descriptor refering to change it sounds like they may be using moderate instead of average numbers of them.White blood cells increase whenever your immune system is fighting something off. Decreases may be seen in certain diseases as well.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 07-09-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.