Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moldie,I was wondering how much finely ground flax meal you took everyday for fiber.Joanne

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Joanne, Everybody has a different tolerance and need when it comes to fiber. If you have doing fiber for awhile and find no ill effects from it, you could try a tablespoon in the morning and one in the evening. If, however, you are just getting into fiber, I would start with a tsp. in the morning and one in the evening (or one at lunch). The measurement is not that different from what is suggested on OTCs/or prescribed by physicians. You just have to try it, and see how your particular body reacts and decide whether you should go for more or less. Your needs will also be determined by how much other fiber you are getting in your diet throughout the day. I sprinkle/stir it into any soft food. It is slightly gritty, but has a nice nutty flavor. If you wanted to take it separately in a spoonful of applesauce or yogurt, you could do that too. I put mine into hot cereal in the morning and get another in where I can. It is always wise to follow any fiber with liquids/H2O. I follow mine with hot herbal tea. The Stitts at the Natural Ovens Co. out of Manitowoc, WI even make a drink mix out of it. I hope it helps you.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Chuck, did you get that site off "The Candida Page?": http://www.panix.com/~candida/ The one you showed was a Candida forum. Actually, I think they could do better than that one. Seems a lot of people are grasping at straws out there, but aren't we all? Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be totally rid of this thing, whatever it is. Some of the postings were a little discouraging. I haven't bought totally into the Mercury thing yet. What are your opinions on this? It sounds like you have a little background that might help you form an opinion on it. The BB forum there was a little erratic. I like the organization of this board better. I also found the search on that board a little confusing.By the way, go back to your original "Leaky Gut" posting. I just posted something I thought was interesting. Guess I'm just a sucker for research! Sorry about getting off the flax/fiber subject Joanne.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts