Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have tried molocure? This is supposed to be a chemical derived from aloe vera. I dont want to try it until I find out some more information on it, being that it is very expensive. I have had IBS for a very long time, and as with many of you it is controlling my life. Recently, I have taken a turn for the worse. I have become increasingly weak from the nausea, cramping and constant pain. If any of you have any information on this product, I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
ho11ywood, drink some aloe vera juice or something you can find at the local health food store and save yourself some money.

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
ho11ywood, drink some aloe vera juice or something you can find at the local health food store and save yourself some money.

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Aloe vera juice and some of the products like molocure are not the exact same thing.Aloe vera juice has both the polysaccahride gel and Aloe latex in it.Most of the expensive products are just the gel.The gel and the latex have two different properties and in the juice products it is hard to know how much of the latex they have in them, other than the latex is bitter so the worse it tastes the more latex it has in it.Aloe latex is a stimulatory laxative and can be problematic (and may not be what you are turning to the aloe for). The gel has different properties, but I do not know if it will really address nausea and cramping.Ginger is typically used for nausea and peppermint for cramping and it may be worth giving these a shot before shelling out big bucks for highly processed aloe gel preparations.Also if you are getting much worse have you been back to the doctor about it.Sometimes mild versions of other disorders look like IBS until they take a turn for the worse and it may be time to be re-evaluated.K.

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Aloe vera juice and some of the products like molocure are not the exact same thing.Aloe vera juice has both the polysaccahride gel and Aloe latex in it.Most of the expensive products are just the gel.The gel and the latex have two different properties and in the juice products it is hard to know how much of the latex they have in them, other than the latex is bitter so the worse it tastes the more latex it has in it.Aloe latex is a stimulatory laxative and can be problematic (and may not be what you are turning to the aloe for). The gel has different properties, but I do not know if it will really address nausea and cramping.Ginger is typically used for nausea and peppermint for cramping and it may be worth giving these a shot before shelling out big bucks for highly processed aloe gel preparations.Also if you are getting much worse have you been back to the doctor about it.Sometimes mild versions of other disorders look like IBS until they take a turn for the worse and it may be time to be re-evaluated.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.