Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did the long list of blood work today. Now, I was on vacation in Nov. and was playing with "tame" monkey's on the beach.One bit me a few times, didn't break the skin b/c his fangs were ground down (hence tame). We also fed some wild monkey's one morning. I didn't touch those, but touched the table etc..I sure didn't wash my hands after playing with the beach monkey's. I wonder if I could have picked up some kind of monkey virus? You'd think my kids (who spent way more time with the monkey's) would have it too? My coworker, told me her father came back from Africa and was fine for 60 days and then got sick. It was an intermittent D/fever and it took months to figure it out. I didn't mention it to the Dr.I think it's a really long shot though. I'm pretty sure I have a small intestine problem.I finally ate tonight. It's the first food I've had since Sat (chicken pot pie-probably not the best choice) and I drank about 20 oz of water too. I'm peeing orange...time to put some H2O in!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Why would you say it was a stupid thought? It certainly can not hurt to talk to your dr. about it and tell him/her what took place and see if there are tests to find out. You could have contacted a bacterial infection from the monkeys. It is not a stupid thought, and I would have it checked into. What do you have to lose, and you gain peace of mind, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.