Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance now denied my prescription for linzess because they want me to try Trelance first. I have never tried trulance so I’m definitely willing to try it and see if it works. Unfortunately the pharmacy in my town is out of trulance and won’t have any until later this week. I know a few days shouldn’t be a big deal but I’m so miserable and I did an enema yesterday but I definitely didn’t get it all out and today I couldn’t go and I’m having bad cramps that probably won’t go away until I have a good bm.

· Registered
126 Posts
Sunstar,

Honestly, I don't really trust medically prescribed or chemical solutions for either constipation or diarrhea. Some of us react in the opposite direction to the drug. For example, I get hard stools or constipation using Loperamide HCL pills (as do others). Similarly, someone else on this forum posted they get diarrhea using Linzess, which you seem keen to using. So people end up cycling between the two states of diarrhea and constipation..Chemical solutions and dependence of chemicals for long-term control of a human muscle that should be moved almost daily doesn't sound like a good long-term, safe, healthy solution.

It may work short term..

In any case, the Renew Life Cleanse more should be available at a whole foods or vitamin shoppe. They are usually cheaper online, and at online health food stores, but given your urgency, you may just want to go in person. Don't trust me, the reviews themselves look as promising as any good product can be (above 4 stars on almost all websites among thousands of reviews).

Best of luck!

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Nina. I will head to the natural food store after work and see if Renew Life works for me. I work for a drug company and I’m open to prescription options but if something natural works as well then I think that would be great. Unfortunately I’m laying in my car at work with severe abdominal cramps. I couldn’t have a bm this morning either and I really need some relief.

· Registered
126 Posts
Thank you Nina. I will head to the natural food store after work and see if Renew Life works for me. I work for a drug company and I’m open to prescription options but if something natural works as well then I think that would be great. Unfortunately I’m laying in my car at work with severe abdominal cramps. I couldn’t have a bm this morning either and I really need some relief.
Ohh I'm so sorry about your pain.
Yes, please do something to get that BM movement.
I heard of some people's guts (intestine) literally rupturing and then they're in the hospital with a possibility of sepsis, and then they sometimes have to have an artificial stomach to let their system heal..

That's probably an extreme case, but no, we don't want your intestine rupturing.
Yeah I prefer natural to chemical, but honestly, just get that BM at this point.

Best!

· Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did another enema and had a large bm. The pain is much better after having a bm but I still have the feeling I didn’t get everything I didn’t get everything out, which is frustrating. Fingers crossed the Renew Life helps me not get so backed up anymore.

· Registered
70 Posts
I'm a wonderin' if there has ever been a scientific comparison between the efficacy of Linzness or Trelance to aloe powder or a combination of ground chia seed and aloe powder at night or a combination of ground chia and magnesium at night, or a combination of ground chia seed and Dr. Schultz's laxative formula at night, or a combination of ground chia seed and a large portion of pineapple with magnesium at night, or Dr. Schultz laxative formula at night, or the best stimulant laxative in my experience which is Agiolax granuales or a combination of chia and 100 grams of Kiwi fruit with or without magnesium or a stimulant laxative such as aloe powder, Dr. Schultz's laxative formula or Agiolax at night? Or even just a scientific comparison between Linzness and kiwi fruit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts