Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you with IC...did you have vaginal burning and painful sex as one of your symptoms? This is my main symptom...in fact, I didn't even notice that I had urinary frequency until my gyno mentioned IC as a possible cause for vaginal pain. I then realized that I was in fact peeing about fifteen times a day, and went to the urologist. Also, those with IC: Have the medicines worked? Have any of you had good pain-relief results with Elavil?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I've had IC my whole entire life. I can remember being in the 1st grade, running back and forth to the bathroom during recess, and only having that "little bit" come out, followed by terrible burning.
Burning is my main complaint with my IC. I honestly have every symptom of a bladder infection, but there is NO bacteria when tested. As an adult now my symptoms have gotten better. I don't take any medications for this, other then the over the counter "numbing" meds they have for UTI's when it gets really bad. That does really help! One doctor had told my Mom when I was little that my urethra was too small, and probably what was causing my problems. I don't know though, other doctors have told me IC. All I know is I get it really bad around my period usually. Then sometimes for a few days for no reason. Hot baths help too. It's a pain, just like IBS. Sometimes it's crippling to me, I can do nothing but sit on the couch or bathtub from the burning. Others it's just a minor annoyance. Hope you find some relief soon!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I suspected I had IC at one time, so I saw two urologists and had two cystoscopies. Both drs said I didn't have it, but I do know a lady that does.One of the things that helps her is that she avoids eating certain foods.Caffeine for example is one of the things that irritates the bladder. Also acidy or spicy foods can have the same effect.I know that she has had a lot of success by watching her diet.I hope you feel better newpatient.By the way, the drs never could figure out why I was having urinary frequency, and all the symptoms of a bladder infection. I figured it must be irritable bladder, which coincides with my IBS. When I get C.. which isn't often, I have these symptoms.. but when I am "cleaned out", they seem to subside. So I don't experience them all the time.Take care,Jeanne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.